Thursday, April 5, 2012

What inspires you?


Some of you might have heard me talk about your 'other portfolio'. That thing in your life, other than advertising that gets you excited. All too often when people get in to school, or get into agency they loose it, or forget about it. At the time it seems like a worthwhile omission, but in the long term dismissing a creative outlet can have profound effects.

Westside Studio is a top photography studio in Toronto. Every so often they profile a Creative specifically to find out what inspires them outside of the agency. Today, they spoke with me:
As creatives we all seem to have creative outlets other than our professional craft. Some of us are painters, musicians or novelists – I’m a cook. I’m inspired by food and everything that surrounds it.
There are few foods out there that can match the amazingess that is bacon. Fried up on a Saturday morning, or mixed into a caesar salad – think sliced smokey bacon inspires me. My infatuation with the magical pork product really blossomed once I started making it myself. For my 30th birthday my wife, in her infinite wisdom, got me a smoker. After a quick pitstop at a local butcher shop I was well on my way to homemade beacon heaven. 
Click here for the full post



2 comments:

  1. no wonder youre fat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unfortunate that small minded people use anonymity to feel better about themselves.

      Delete