Friday, February 17, 2012

Intel's Pop-Up Theatre "Stunt"

The video below profiles Intel's most recent initiative.

The Ultrabook™ POP-UP THEATER is a series of live stunts that demonstrates the ultra thin design & responsiveness of the Ultrabook™. A uniquely choreographed team of 60 individuals create a human digital wall made of Ultrabooks. The Pop-Up teams make surprise appearances on the streets of Los Angeles, transforming an everyday location into a mini theater.

It's a fun idea, not to mention well executed. However, as most things are in this business, it is not as it seems. I know, because I was there.

On the morning of January 27 I rented a bike in Santa Monica and headed up to coast Venice Beach. I came upon some kind of film production near Beach Green Park. It was your typical set up with lots of people and loads of gear. On my way back I rode by just in time to see the tail end of a take. It was three women doing yoga while facing a large group of people.

What I saw was, without a doubt, the scene at 1:05.

Who knows, maybe the rest of the spot features authentically live stunts with actual surprise appearances, but what I saw was anything but.

No comments:

Post a Comment